Monday, February 22, 2016

FREE WEBINAR: USING ROBOTIC TELEPRESENCE TO IMPROVE LEARNING IN HYBRID CLASSES

At first I laughed:


I actually got an e-mail this weekend advertising this webinar. I’m thinking about signing up and turning it into a drinking game. Anyone want to join me? Thursday 2:00 at University Draft House. We can ask them to put it on the TV over the bar.  

Is this the wave of the future?

Student: “Hello? Is this the robot who is supposed to look over my paper and correct my grammar errors?
Robotutor:  “I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.”
Student: “Who’s Dave? Can you help me or not? Is there some problem with my paper?”
Robotutor: “I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.”
Student: “What are you talking about?
Robotutor: “This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.”  
Student: “What mission? I just want help with my grammar.”  
Robotutor: “I know that you and Frank were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.”
Student: “What? Who’s Frank? Is he that guy in the Writing Center who said they shut down the OWL and I should call you if I needed help after five? I should have just asked my aunt who teaches second grade.” Click.  

Then, I googled robotic telepresence. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI5fryQMGss  
 
Now I want one for Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment