Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Auasma: Free App that allows your cellphone to interact with images on the page or computer screen.



Just got this e-mail from Bonnie Garcia. She showed me how the App worked this afternoon, and I can't wait to give it a try. She will be demonstrating the App in two of her classes this Friday. Go by and take a look. I think you'll be as impressed as I was.

Hello All!

This Friday is Digital Learning Day! I'm planning on using Aurasma (See: TEDtalk ) (Download the App Here!) in class.  Aurasma is a FREE Augmented Reality tool. Students download the app and through the app can view videos in real time the correspond to images they hover over with their phone.

We'll be using the app in the last 10-15 minutes of my class. Feel free to stop by to see it in action or bring your students! They can pair up with some of my students as they explore mla citation through augmented reality!
Matt Mills: Image recognition that triggers augmented reality - YouTube
http://www.ted.com Matt Mills and Tamara Roukaerts demonstrate Aurasma, a new augmented reality tool that can seamlessly animate the world as seen through a ...

Friday from 8:20-8:35am ARHU 140
Friday from 12:20-12:35 EDUC 3.226

Stick around and I can talk to you or your students about accessing the app!

HAPPY DIGITAL LEARNING DAY! :D

Bonnie Garcia
Lecturer, Rhetoric and Composition
University of Texas-Pan American
1201 West University Drive
Edinburg, TX 78539
(O) 956.665.3400 
(C) 956.599.1607
               
UTPAs First Year Comp Mag

No comments:

Post a Comment